Air flights are very enjoyable when it only takes you several hours before you get to your destination, but these could get wearisome and tiring when they turn out to be 16-hour trips or so. Airlines do provide meals for their passengers especially during day trips, but what about the stewards and pilots? The crew can get their meals in between their walks to and fro the plane, but how do the pilots eat when they are responsible for flying their passengers to the designated location? In reality, pilots do eat in flight, but they do not really get to eat a lot until they land in the airport. Once they finish their work, they usually go to the best restaurant they could find nearby so that they can get their own fix of decent meals. Unfortunately, they do not have a lot of time to find one, so here are a few tips on how to spot the cream of the crop:
- It caters to a wide variety of tastes and preferences. One thing about airport restaurants is that they have to consider the different nationalities that come and go in the airport. It would be impossible to make food from all types of cuisines, but a wide array of these can be very helpful to people who want to stick with their own tastes. Also, people’s choices regarding the formality of dining will vary, so a great restaurant can cater from fast food to fine dining.
- The food is fresh and healthy. The customers usually have limited time to stop by for a meal, but the restaurant stays in their location, so they should be the ones to be responsible for fresh and healthy food. Their meals would contain as little preservative or artificial flavoring as possible, and the service crew would be responsible with the food’s cleanliness and non-contamination.
- The service crew are very friendly and unprejudiced. As said above, a restaurant’s clients will be of different nationalities and religions, so the best crew would always be careful and sensitive to not offend anyone. For example, Muslims do not eat food that is not labelled “halal,” so unblessed meat will not be the best suggestion for them. Also, a great service crew would not speak of sexist or racist remarks because of the same reason.
- The location is free from dust, mold, and pests. A great restaurant is careful not to let the food, tools, and location itself get contaminated, thus rigorous cleaning and maintenance are observed any time of the day. Glass windows are polished, tables and chairs are wiped, floors are mopped and swept, utensils are clean and dust-free, cloth napkins and table sheets are washed, counters and sinks are cleaned, walls and equipment are mold-free, and pests are non-existent. In case of pest infestation, the restaurant would immediately call professional exterminators to do the job as soon as possible, because pests are bad for business especially that they are handling food.
- The location is easy to spot for newcomers. Airports will contain various restaurants within, but the best ones are usually easy to spot so that the guests will not have to use up more time to find a decent meal, especially if it is their first time to visit the airport.